In 1979 founded Eberhard Färber, together with his brother Prof. Georg Färber (Technical University Munich), the PCS Computersysteme GmbH in Munich.
The company developed in the first years many very successful solutions in a broad range of new technical and scientific application areas.
The development of the first UNIX-Workstation for the German and the US market made the company to one of the most innovative IT-companies in the Munich region with over 300 Employees.
The innovation power of the company led to more than 20 spin-off´s in this times.
In 1986 the company was sold to Mannesmann AG, Germany, to establish on this platform an international IT Strategy for a big Computer-Company. Eberhard Färber formed the transfer process as CEO until 1988.
1988 founded Färber together with Dipl. Phys. Hans Strack-Zimmermann the IXOS Software GmbH.
With in 11 years, they pushed the IXOS Software AG to a very successful company with 800 employees with 187 Mio DM revenue in the business year 1998/99. IXOS reached with an annual revenue growth of 60% the global market leadership for SAP/3 Document-Management Systems.
In Oct. 1998, IXOS became a listed company on the “German New Market” in Frankfurt and on the NASDAQ.
Besides the position of the speaker of the executive board of the IXOS Software AG (since 2003 Open Text AG http://www.opentext.de/3/global.htm), Färber holds different other positions:
- Lecturer on „Creation of Enterprises“ at the Technical University Munich (TUM)
- Deputy Chairman of the IT Industry Association BVB e.V. witch renamed to the very successfull BITCOM e.V. (www.bitkom.org)
- Member of the Exhibitor Advisory Board at the Industry Fair SYSTEMS Munich.
- Chairman of the Board of FNT e.V. – Förderkreis Neue Technologien München.
- CoCreater of the Businessplan competition of the FNT, which initiated hundreds of company creations.
Since the year 2000 E. Färber acts as a Business Angel for eight Start-Up Companies in IT-, BioTech-, Energy- and Airplan Industries (www.pmcs-helpline.de/catenic/; www.forcont.de ; www.viamedici.de ; www.ibidi.de ; www.remos.com; P21- Wasserstoffbrennstoffzellen for USV) and is founder and Chairman of the hydrogen rise Ltd. (Hydrogen focused energy solutions).
(Stand: March 2018)