In 1979, Eberhard Färber founded the PCS Computersysteme GmbH in Munich together with his brother Prof. Georg Färber (Technical University Munich).
During the first years, the company developed many very successful solutions in a broad range of new technical and scientific application areas.
The development of the first UNIX-Workstation for the German and the US market turned the company into one of the most innovative IT-companies in the Munich region with over 300 employees.
The innovation power of the company led to more than 20 spin-offs during this period of time.
In 1986, the company was sold to Mannesmann AG, Germany, to establish an international IT Strategy for a big computer company on this platform. Eberhard Färber influenced the transfer process as CEO until 1988.
In 1988, together with Dipl. Phys. Hans Strack-Zimmermann, Färber founded the IXOS Software GmbH.
Within 11 years, they pushed the IXOS Software AG to a very successful company with 800 employees with 187 Mio DM revenue in the business year 1998/99. With an annual revenue growth of 60%, IXOS reached the global market leadership for SAP/3 Document-Management Systems.
In Oct. 1998, IXOS became a listed company on the “German New Market” in Frankfurt and on the NASDAQ.
Besides the position of the speaker of the executive board of the IXOS Software AG (since 2003 Open Text AG https://www.opentext.de/3/global.htm), Färber holds different other positions:
- Lecturer on „Creation of Enterprises“ at the Technical University Munich (TUM)
- Deputy Chairman of the IT Industry Association BVB e.V. witch renamed to the very successfull BITCOM e.V. (www.bitkom.org)
- Member of the Exhibitor Advisory Board at the Industry Fair SYSTEMS Munich.
- Chairman of the Board of FNT e.V. – Förderkreis Neue Technologien München.
- Co-creater of the Businessplan competition of the FNT, which initiated hundreds of company creations.
Since 2000, Färber has acted as a business angel for eight start-up companies in IT-, BioTech-, Energy- and Airplane Industries (www.pmcs-helpline.de/catenic/; www.forcont.de ; www.viamedici.de ; www.ibidi.de ; www.remos.com; P21- Wasserstoffbrennstoffzellen for USV) and is founder and Chairman of the Hydrogen Rise Ltd. (Hydrogen focused energy solutions).
(Stand: March 2018)